Brighton v Chelsea
7:00 AM/PST 10:00 AM/EST
DON’T MISS A MATCH! SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY SOCCER PACKAGE FOR ONLY $20! CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!
COMPLIMENTARY SOCCER PICK
Both Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea will look to return to winning ways as they lock horns at the AMEX on Saturday.
A Graham Potter-shaped void seems to have sucked the ability to win out of the Seagulls. Brighton have played five Premier League games since Potter left the manager’s role to take charge of Chelsea. They have not won once….
Brighton were perched inside the top four until Potter’s departure but have now fallen to 9th in the table. They will be looking to produce a quality performance against Chelsea this Saturday as they are in desperate need of getting back to winning ways or even draws against the usual “Top Six.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea are winless in their last two Premier League outings. They settled for a 1-1 draw against Manchester United last weekend. After Jorginho fired them into the lead in the 87th minute, Casemiro restored parity for the Red Devils in the fourth minute of stoppage time.
The Blues managed to eke out a 2-1 win over RB Salzburg on Tuesday courtesy of goals from Mateo Kovacic and Kai Havertz. They are fifth in the table and will be desperate for a positive result on Saturday with a buzzing Manchester United side breathing down their necks.
Head-to-Head – By the Numbers
- Brighton have managed to draw five of their last six games against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Chelsea haven’t conceded a defeat in their last 11 games against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- Chelsea haven’t conceded a loss in their last six Premier League matches.
- Brighton are winless in their last five matches in the Premier League.
- Brighton haven’t been in the lead for a single minute in any of their 10 Premier League matches against Chelsea.
The “Graham Potter” Derby will be the focal match of the EPL this weekend. Given the facts outlaid above, Chelsea should absolutely win this match – but given this is being played away at the AMEX, this one will be tight while both defenses will be stubborn.
Great value with Chelsea ML at +150
But, given the EPL play recently:
Lean towards Chelsea – TIE OR DRAW -125